Are you ready to deck your walls with some artwork or framed photography? A little downtime at home is a great opportunity to hang or re-arrange artwork which is a small change with big impact. Designer and Coats Wright Art & Design gallery co-owner Dianne Wright shares several great tips to help you in the process.
- Gather all framed pieces that you have and stack against a wall.
- Categorize your artwork by subject (nature, abstract, photography).
- Categorize the artwork by color.
- Hang your favorite pieces in the most impactful wall locations.
- For a Gallery Wall, start with the largest piece and build around it.
- Use painters tape or cut-outs sized to your pieces to map out on the wall before you hang.
- And, the unbiased and professional eye of a designer is always a great idea!