The Indiana Design Center serves as a hub for the state’s design industry. This page is dedicated to sharing opportunities within the design-build community. To submit a job listing, email a position description in PDF format to email@example.com.
RESIDENTIAL INTERIOR DESIGNER – HOSKINS INTERIOR DESIGN
Hoskins Interior Design is looking to add a residential interior designer to our team. We design beautiful, comfortable interior spaces customized to the needs and tastes of our discerning clients. We provide our clients with full-service design for remodeling, new construction and furnishings projects. Our business is growing, and we are searching for the right person to join us in creating distinctive interior designs.
We have deliberately created a warm, flexible, and supportive work environment that values hard work and commitment to quality. Design is a personal endeavor, and the close relationships we create with our clients begin with the cohesiveness of our team. Please visit our website to learn more about our values, team, and projects.
- Interior design degree required
- Experience in residential interior design; 3 years minimum preferred
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of residential furniture preferred
- Kitchen and bath and architectural millwork design experience preferred
- NCIDQ certified a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Software: Google Sketch Up, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop
- Ability to hand sketch and draw a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
If you are passionate about interior design, creative, detail-oriented and committed to being an integral part of a hard-working team, we would like to hear from you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARCHITECT WITH DESIGN EXPERIENCE – CONCEPTUAL KITCHENS & MILLWORK
We are seeking an AutoCAD Technician that has a background in architecture and design.
Conceptual Kitchens & Millwork provides a highly-customized space for every client by carrying several high-quality options for cabinetry and casework, in addition to all other materials needed to complete each space. Our company consists of designing, managing and selling multiple jobs at any given point in time. We work from the beginning of the design phase through the installation process to ensure satisfaction for our clients.
The job is an involved position at our company. It requires many of the skills of an effective Project Manager, such as organization, proficient communication skills and an understanding of project timelines. It requires a knowledge of cabinetry design as this is the basis of our communication. The position will support the designers and keep track of and manage small details to ensure a smoothly executed project. The job requires the candidate to be responsible for knowing all specific job details, all of which are housed and organized in project binders. The candidate will ensure that all information in these binders is verified and accurate. The designers hand-draw elements that are incorporated into the projects. An AutoCad background is necessary and utilized to transition the hand drawings to shop drawings to send to the manufacturers. Communication between candidate, manufacturers and designers must be clear and concise.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and or has a design background, bonus if you have experience in 3-D rendering
- Proficient in Google Office suite as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Understands cabinet construction
- Experience with design and or architecture
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Able to develop, keep track and manage moving pieces with comprehensive Project Plans and Project Timelines to ensure a sophisticated result
- Able to communicate harmoniously with the rest of the team, as well as with clients
- Experience in Kitchen & Bath, Construction, Interior Design industries
- Starting salary: $60,000, subject to change depending on credentials
Email your resume to the president of Conceptual Kitchens & Millwork, Rob Klein: email@example.com.
PART-TIME BOOKKEEPER & OFFICE MANAGER – JULIE O’BRIEN DESIGN GROUP
We are looking for an experienced, full charge Bookkeeper who enjoys being in a creative and team environment!
Solid QuickBooks experience is required along with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Good communication skills are necessary within our office and well as with our great clients and vendors.
Office hours are 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday thru Thursday with some flexibility. Please let us know if this position might be a fit for you. Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DESIGN CONSULTANT – DRAPERY STREET
Drapery Street, a Hunter Douglas Gallery Dealer, has an immediate opening for an ambitious, self-reliant Design Consultant who will help our customers find products that match their unique personal style. Come work with us in our Carmel, IN showroom. Drapery Street is a modern window treatment gallery that specializes in working with homeowners, buyers, and builders who don’t want to make an expensive design mistake.
We specialize in curated privacy, lighting and views through the use of multiple window treatment tools. We are constantly on the hunt for the ever-evolving options to treat design, privacy and glare at the windows. A Design Consultant candidate must be able to:
- Conduct in-home design consultations to identify the right product to match the customer’s personal style, functional needs and budget
- Provide quotes and immediate feedback to facilitate the ordering and installation process
- Serve as a liaison between manufacturer vendors, customers, installers and our back office to ensure the best customer experience
- Build local relationships with realtors, builders and other professionals who rely on our services
The Good Stuff – Compensation & Benefits:
- A competitive compensation package that includes commissions and cash bonuses
- Company-provided design tools
- Retirement account and health insurance contribution for our full-time employees
- Comprehensive training to understand business goals, ongoing projects and current processes
- Ongoing training and vendor supported resources in the field of window treatments and interior home design
- The successful producer must have prior experience selling high-end conceptual design products, or luxury products/services, to homeowners in a higher income demographic.
- Candidate must possess excellent prospecting and consultative selling skill sets.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a desire to grow and learn; an entrepreneurial mindset is required.
- This producer must have at least 2 years selling experience, be trainable, and possess the ability to build strong long-lasting relationships.
- The right person for this role also excels at finding, qualifying, and closing new opportunities.
- Candidate must be able to sell value instead of price, manage projects effectively, and be held accountable to their goals. This position requires self-discipline and a positive attitude.
- This individual must enjoy working with others and have a passion for providing high-quality service tailored to the customer’s needs.
- Candidate must have a driver’s license.
This position requires all aspects of the sales process. Therefore, one must have a track record of finding and closing new opportunities while also servicing and growing a current account base. One must also:
- Be humble in their approach, yet relentless in their efforts to achieve their goals.
- Have a burning desire to not only improve themselves but also improve the sales culture of the company.
- Be able to have conversations with potential customers around financials
- Have strong levels of responsibility and be highly coachable and trainable.
- Be able to create and implement programs that help drive revenue.
- Be able to quickly build trust and establish long-term relationships.
- Understand how to use technology to their advantage (including Microsoft OS and relevant design programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE – LUMBERMEN’S
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan since 1955, Lumbermen’s operates in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. A leading distributor and manufacturer, we are driven by the goal to be first choice for our employee owners, customers, and suppliers. Lumbermen’s is 100% employee-owned and committed to investing in rewarding relationships and doing the right thing in every interaction. This Outside Sales position offers the opportunity to be the face of Lumbermen’s in the Greater Indianapolis market. Ideal candidates are enthusiastic self-starters with a passion for developing and fostering relationships. This position offers flexibility with minimal overnight travel.
- Obtaining and growing a personal knowledge of our full line of specialty products
- Establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Actively selling from our product lines – with a focus on cabinets and installed countertops
- Calling on customers
- Offering exceptional customer/vendor support and timely problem resolution
- Executing the annual sales plan
- Performing analysis of competitors’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (to gain an understanding of why customers purchase from our competitors)
At Lumbermen’s, we pride ourselves on treating our customers like family and delivering exceptional service. It’s crucial that the person selected to fill this role is highly organized and detail-oriented, service-minded, a strong and friendly communicator, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Two to four years industry-specific outside sales experience in lieu of education requirement
- Residential cabinetry experience preferred, but not required
- Cabinet design and 2020 experience preferred
- Ability to market, sell and educate customers on both current and new products
- Ability to build and foster strong customer relationships
- Ability to overcome obstacles and challenges to drive for maximum customer-driven results
- Ability to make persuasive product presentations targeted to customer needs
- Strong negotiation skills
- Approaches work with considerable energy
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to follow up on and execute sales plan
- Inquisitive with strong critical listening and analytical skills
Lumbermen’s offers an exceptional work environment, competitive compensation, and great benefits, including: medical, dental, life, 401K, and a generous company-funded ESOP program.
DIVISION MANAGER – MONT SURFACES
RESIDENTIAL FLOORING – JACK LAURIE HOME FLOOR DESIGNS
If you have a working knowledge of flooring and/or construction projects, a track record in sales, and excellent customer-relationship skills, Jack Laurie Home Floor Designs is looking for you! If you are a self-motivated, and detail orientated individual we will provide the tools and training you need to achieve outstanding success. If you’re the type of person who desires compensation based on your skills and sales, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
- Greeting customer on the sales floor and determining their wants and needs.
- Converting prospects to clients and uncovering other opportunities that they may have or be aware of
- Sell flooring and other home remodeling products
- Keeping up-to-date on the wide selection of products and services we have to offer along with the benefits and warranties provided by each.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Helping work through and following up after completion of job.
- Building client relationships.
- Using computer database to research availability of merchandise and to process orders.
- Following up in a timely and professional manner with customers on all requests or concerns.
- Answering questions from and providing information to customers about flooring.
- Assisting customers with flooring choices – explaining features and benefits of various types of flooring.
- Helping customers with their choice through decorating and design advice.
- Visiting customer’s homes or workplace to provide product and design advice.
- Maintain showroom by keeping samples and displays neat, current, and clean.
Apply here: https://bit.ly/31Khox9
ESTABLISHED LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT, CO-WORKING OPPORTUNITY – SURROUNDINGS BY NATUREWORKS+
Surroundings by Natureworks+ is looking to partner with a seasoned Landscape Architect (LA) on a mutually beneficial co-working opportunity. Surroundings is known for creating beautiful outdoor and indoor living spaces and has showroom space on the first floor of the Indiana Design Center complete with studio meeting space and a sample library.
The ideal LA partner has an established line-up of client work and is looking for professional meeting space along with the opportunity to be a preferred referral designer for Surroundings’ outdoor landscape and living construction teams.
Are you interested in remaining an independent LA design business while creating a symbiotic partnership with outdoor living industry partners and providing better services like professional meeting space to your clients? If so, contact Randy Sorrell to discuss this opportunity and fit in more detail. Email: email@example.com.
CABINET DESIGN ASSOCIATES – FERGUSON BATH, KITCHEN & LIGHTING GALLERY
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery is seeking new full-time Cabinet Design Associates for both Carmel and Broad Ripple locations.
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery is a rapidly expanding wholesale company specializing in cabinetry, plumbing, lighting and appliances with multiple showrooms throughout the Indianapolis Metropolitan Area.
- 2-5 years in the cabinet industry
- 1-2 years sales experience
- Experience with 20/20 design software
- A passion and eye for design
Please email inquiries directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.