The Indiana Design Center serves as a hub for the state’s design industry. This page is dedicated to sharing opportunities within the design-build community. To submit a job listing, email a position description in PDF format to [email protected].
ROWLAND DESIGN – PROJECT INTERIOR DESIGNER | PROJECT MANAGER
Celebrating its 51st year, Rowland Design is an award-winning studio of talented architects, graphic and interior designers united by one goal: enhancing the lives of our clients. All of our work is rooted in collaboration: Rowland designers, consultants and clients work closely through the design process to achieve the desired outcome. Good design goes well beyond what works for the moment. It respectfully blends contemporary thinking with historic precedent. Enriching user’s surroundings through inspiring and sensitive design solutions is what motivates our team.
A Rowland Design Project Manager requires a respect for our creative process and the ability to sensitively manage the relationships of the creative team members and our clients in a timely, thorough and efficient way.
- Successful experience managing complex design projects (4+ years).
- Understand the big picture of a project and know the process to get there.
- Manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Express the milestones in a schedule and effectively coax team members and clients to completion.
- Understand the need to place our projects in the context of their much larger lives.
- Want to succeed and want to contribute to the growth of a thriving workplace.
- Get to know the unique talents of their team members and can optimally delegate tasks to the best people.
- Proficient with Revit, SketchUp and AutoCAD, able to learn other programs such as Ajera easily and use them effectively.
- Have strong communication skills and be able to present yourself professionally to clients and consultants.
- Mentor and develop younger design staff.
- Have a good graphic eye.
- Understand building code and code compliance procedures.
- Have a degree in Architecture, Interior Design or Construction Technology.
If you think you’re a good fit, please send your resume and portfolio directly to [email protected]
MONT SURFACES – DIVISION MANAGER
DRAPERY STREET – SALE CONSULTANT
Certified professional dealer for Hunter Douglas window treatments has an opportunity for a top producer to join our team. The successful producer must have prior experience selling high-end conceptual design products, or luxury products/services, to homeowners in a higher income demographic. Candidate must possess excellent prospecting and consultative selling skill-sets. Candidate must be a self-starter with a desire to grow and learn; an entrepreneurial mindset is required. This producer must have at least 2 years selling experience, be trainable, and possess the ability to build strong long-lasting relationships. The right person for this role also excels at finding, qualifying, and closing new opportunities. Candidate must be able to sell value instead of price, manage projects effectively, and be held accountable to their goals. This position requires self-discipline and a positive attitude. This individual must enjoy working with others and have a passion for providing high-quality service tailored to the customer’s needs.
Drapery Street is committed to the professional growth of every team member and to creating an environment where every team member can do their absolute best work. Benefits include:
- Company-provided design tools
- Ongoing training and vendor supported resources in the field of window treatments and interior home design.
- A competitive compensation package that includes commissions and cash bonuses
- Benefits include an IRA and health insurance contribution.
This position requires all aspects of the sales process. Therefore, one must have a track record of finding and closing new opportunities while also servicing and growing a current account base. One must also:
- Be humble in their approach, yet relentless in their efforts to achieve their goals.
Have a burning desire to not only improve themselves but also improve the sales culture of the company.
- Be able to have conversations with potential customers around financials
- Have strong levels of responsibility and be highly coachable and trainable.
- Be able to create and implement programs that help drive revenue.
- Be able to quickly build trust and establish long-term relationships.
- Understand how to use technology to their advantage (including Microsoft OS and relevant design programs.)
- Driver’s License required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
For full details and to apply visit the listing: https://gattihr.com/job/sales-consultant-25/
DRAPERY STREET – OFFICE ASSISTANT
Drapery Street, a Hunter Douglas dealer, provides custom window treatments to homes and businesses small and large. Our mission is to create the perfect pairing of custom window coverings to our residential and commercial clients’ needs and expectations. As Office Assistant, you will play a key role in our continued growth and success. Come work with us in our Carmel, IN showroom, where you will:
- Perform varied support services requiring proficiency in general office and organizational skills.
- Provide customer service and resolves issues by offering solutions, explanations, options or by arranging for service.
- Process fabric and hardware orders, checking-in orders received.
- Answers vendor inquiries.
- Occasionally greet customer.
- Back room management – keeping books and fabrics organized.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
The Good Stuff Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive training to understand business goals, ongoing projects and current processes.
- Ongoing systems, tools and business training, with room for suggestions/improvements.
For full details and to apply visit the listing: https://gattihr.com/job/office-assistant-4/
JACK LAURIE HOME FLOOR DESIGNS – RESIDENTIAL FLOORING
If you have a working knowledge of flooring and/or construction projects, a track record in sales, and excellent customer-relationship skills, Jack Laurie Home Floor Designs is looking for you! If you are a self-motivated, and detail orientated individual we will provide the tools and training you need to achieve outstanding success. If you’re the type of person who desires compensation based on your skills and sales, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
- Greeting customer on the sales floor and determining their wants and needs.
- Converting prospects to clients and uncovering other opportunities that they may have or be aware of
- Sell flooring and other home remodeling products
- Keeping up-to-date on the wide selection of products and services we have to offer along with the benefits and warranties provided by each.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Helping work through and following up after completion of job.
- Building client relationships.
- Using computer database to research availability of merchandise and to process orders.
- Following up in a timely and professional manner with customers on all requests or concerns.
- Answering questions from and providing information to customers about flooring.
- Assisting customers with flooring choices – explaining features and benefits of various types of flooring.
- Helping customers with their choice through decorating and design advice.
- Visiting customer’s homes or workplace to provide product and design advice.
- Maintain showroom by keeping samples and displays neat, current, and clean.
To apply, visit the Job Listing on LinkedIN: https://bit.ly/31Khox9.
SURROUNDINGS BY NATUREWORKS+ – ESTABLISHED LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT, CO-WORKING OPPORTUNITY
Surroundings by Natureworks+ is looking to partner with a seasoned Landscape Architect (LA) on a mutually beneficial co-working opportunity. Surroundings is known for creating beautiful outdoor and indoor living spaces and has showroom space on the first floor of the Indiana Design Center complete with studio meeting space and a sample library.
The ideal LA partner has an established line-up of client work and is looking for professional meeting space along with the opportunity to be a preferred referral designer for Surroundings’ outdoor landscape and living construction teams.
Are you interested in remaining an independent LA design business while creating a symbiotic partnership with outdoor living industry partners and providing better services like professional meeting space to your clients? If so, contact Randy Sorrell to discuss this opportunity and fit in more detail. Email: [email protected].
ASID INDIANA CHAPTER – PRESIDENT & PRESIDENT-ELECT
The ASID Indiana chapter is searching for a President and President-Elect of our Board of Directors. For our chapter to continue, it is vitally important that we fill these positions by October 1st.
The President will serve the board starting October 1st 2019 through October 2020. Candidate must have been at least an Allied member of ASID for a minimum of one year.
The President-Elect will serve the board starting October 1st 2019 through October 2020, then will serve the board as President from October 2020 through October 2021. Candidate must have been at least an Allied member of ASID for a minimum of one year. The President-Elect will have the opportunity to attend training at The Leadership Experience, a multi-day professional training provided by ASID, in July 2020, all expenses paid.
For our ASID Indiana Chapter to continue, we must fill these two positions. If you are interested or have questions, please contact Constance Vinson, President, ASID Indiana, at [email protected]
FERGUSON BATH, KITCHEN & LIGHTING GALLERY – CABINET DESIGN ASSOCIATES
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery is seeking new full-time Cabinet Design Associates for both Carmel and Broad Ripple locations.
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery is a rapidly expanding wholesale company specializing in cabinetry, plumbing, lighting and appliances with multiple showrooms throughout the Indianapolis Metropolitan Area.
- 2-5 years in the cabinet industry
- 1-2 years sales experience
- Experience with 20/20 design software
- A passion and eye for design
Please email inquiries directly to [email protected]