Indiana Design Center is excited to begin the search for more talented student Ambassadors to add to our program. We understand the importance of connecting aspiring design professionals to the design community and exposing them to the best resources available. This program fulfills the IDC’s need for the active participation of design student leaders and in turn, the Ambassadors have the opportunity to discover, learn and connect within the design industry. We are looking for 15 qualified students to fill the positions. Apply today!
IDC Ambassador Position Description
The Indiana Design Center (IDC) Student Ambassador program is an innovative program designed to meet IDC’s need for the active participation of informed, enthusiastic and dedicated design student leaders. In turn, IDC Ambassadors will have the opportunity to expand their design industry knowledge and make valuable connections that will enhance their career goals.
IDC Ambassador Qualifications
Ambassadors should have a passion for design and be currently enrolled in a design related course and/or major at a college institution. An Ambassador should have an outgoing personality, professional appearance, scheduling flexibility and strong written and oral communication skills (public speaking). In addition, Ambassadors must have knowledge of the design industry and community and be able to commit to the IDC Student Ambassador Program at least one semester/session – preferably two.
IDC Ambassador Responsibilities
Ambassadors will help promote IDC to design professionals, prospective members, design students and the general public. Ambassador responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting at IDC functions: open houses, grand opening events and design industry events
- Leading building tours during events
- Answering building related questions regarding the Tenants in the building and location of showrooms
- Posting on the IDC Student Ambassador Blog
- Assisting the IDC Staff with covering the Concierge Desk on a minimal basis
IDC Ambassador Incentives
- Develop and refine communication and PR skills
- Establish professional and personal contacts within the design industry
- Attend a seminar hosted by a Design Professional
- IDC bag and clip
- IDC Student Membership– access to IDC Resource Library
- Internships / employment opportunities
- Be a part of fun and exciting design industry events